Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 21, 2010

Learning Spelling, Chinese & Math

May -2010 : Vernon starting to learn spelling. Let me tell u how he learn spelling, Chinese & math , he learn the words by asking us and watching the Astro learning channel. No doubt after Gerald born, the time I spend with him is lesser than before. Every evening when I gave him bath, he usually will ask me a words or 2, and he want me to spell the words for him. After he had his bath, he will ask for a paper and repeat writing out the words his knew.
and arrange the words out by using his magnet alphabet. sometime he will ask me why his magnet alphabet have only 1 "C". Not enough to put up a word - Chocolate.
like just now, he ask me how to spell BOUNCE. usually I will ask him back what is that means? he then will show me with his ball. he told me when u drop the ball, the ball will bounce loh.
This proof to me that he is learning the words & understand the meaning as well.
Every Sunday, he love to watch the TVIQ where they will have a simple math (+/-) for the kids to learn. so he learn lots of simple 1+1 = 2, 2+3 = 5 and 5 -1 = 4 from there. Starting he use to count by his finger. now he is getting better with his brain.

No comments: