Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Say "ABC to P"

10-Aug-2007 - WW32 Our Vernon boy now not only can count "one - ten", he is now also capable to say Alphabet from "A,B,C,D,E,?,G -> P." If u noticed that there's one alphabet letter that I put a "?" too. Why? Vernon is not able to say "F" yet, i believe this is due to the vowel is too difficult. The next difficult alphabet that I forseen Vernon likes to skip is the letter "S".
As I continue teaching him from letter "P" and I found that he love to skip "S" too.

**I bought some ABC biscuits for him, he is saying the alphabet while counting it. **
.............It's so lovely seeing him doing that.
There're few ways that I found effective on helping Vernon's learning :

a) Books - Small alphabet books with one page one words help a lots on Vernon's learning.
b) Parents - I spend time with Vernon & teaching him everynight. Repeating the words to him whenever we are. for me, I always repeat saying the words to him, encourage him to follow me the words even on our way to shopping or eating out too.
c) Learning habits - Vernon boy usually will sit & read his books properly. though he will pick on the books that he want to read everytime. As I knew some kids, they don't like to sit down & read the books properly.
d) Cartoon - Disney channel that Vernon use to watch "JoJo Circus, Big bear in the big blue house, little Einsteins, make way for noddy, mickey mouse clubhouse, Elmo's world, Handy Manny are all good cartoons that help him. what we need is ensure limit him on watching too long cartton per day.

**Hope the spirit of learning for Vernon continues.

No comments: