Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 6, 2007

SAHM vs PTWM

6-Jul-2007 Friday - Alamak...today mommy is being tagged by baby Kelvin's mommy on a new topic - choice of being a "Stay at home mom" vs "part time working mom."
Hmmmh.........I am sure many mommy have the mix thought of both choices. Choosing one an another have their own benefits, and off course before we make our choices many things we need to take into considerations. First Let me tell u what is Vernon's mommy choice :) haa.....aaa To be honest, my choice is "stay at home mom" this is becoz :

1) I can see how my baby grow up day by day and have more time to teach them.
and remembered back to the 2 months off that I spend with Vernon & James in U.S. This is the time where I really enjoyed being a good mom & wife. I could take care from head to tails for Vernon while prepared breakfast, lunch & dinner for James. and also doing the household choas.
2) I can ensure no body can hurt my baby, why I have this kind of thinking becoz I had a bad experience during my confinement, where the confinement lady hurt Vernon till he had to hospitalize for almost 2 weeks time to get heel.
3) I can knew what I feed my baby. If we let people taking care of them what we knew is from what the person told us. How truth, we totally doubted.. just like currently everyday when Vernon home from MIL house I will always ask the maid what he did there. Did he eat properly, sleep well and poo poo today. We are totally depends on what she tell, if they want to lie to us. we also have no choice.
4) We can ensure he have a good environment, why I say like this is becoz I knew some of the Nanny watch lots of Hongkong & violent movie during day & night. and eventually our baby will pickup some by following what the movie show. Unlike at home, James & I will ensure we don't let Vernon watch the violent & hk movie. So we only subscript to certain channel & to let Vernon learn more english than other language.
5) I don't need to rush home to cook, can go shopping anytime we want and don't need to limit ourself that we must complete the task during weekend.
6) I love cooking & baking at home although sometime I bake a very bad taste cake.
Well.....all the above is just what I dream of becoz Papa told mommy that his is not afford financially to let mommy to stay at home. As u all know the standard living is now getting higher & higher, but our salary is only rise just a bit everyyear. Unless u are having your own business out there.
To build a small family and to ensure our kids have a good education & better life. We as a parents must work very hard to safe some money for their future.
To be a Part time working mom, for sure bit by bit will at least help to release the burden of papa. Although being PTWM is not my first choice.
I knew being PTWM, we at least :
1) Won't think too much & create some bad between a couple.
2) Learn something everyday in order not to go far behind. unless u still keep in touch with a big group of friends and updated yourself. People like to say "Yellow face lady"
3) Do not need to ask money from hubby 丈夫. We can buy nice clothes and cosmetics as we want. Can have our own secret piggy bank for our old times.............haa...aa
I can say I end up with a PTWM rather than follow my choice, and I am very lucky enough to have my MIL & Mom help all the while to being able to stay on as a PTWM.
They took care of my little boy (Vernon) daytme and help me to buy the neccessry food for vernon while I am working.

1 comment:

Peter & Joyce said...

If you become SAHM, we can go shopping together with our kids! :D